Saturday, July 26, 2008

Yosemite!!!


I had never been to Yosemite...so, this trip to California Jen's family so kindly took me along. Jill (Jen's mom), Holly (Jen's sister), Halsey (Holly's friend) and I went camping for a couple days.
It was so nice to be outside. I forgot how much i love camping! After setting up camp, we hiked to the bottom of Yosemite Falls and climbed on all the huge rocks.





Then got up the next day and hiked to the top of Half Dome...yes all the way to the top! It was incredible! We started the hike at 6:00am... reached the top around noon... and got to the bottom around 7:00pm. A 16 mile hike (round trip). I felt like i had run a marathon by the time i got finished! It was such a beautiful hike. Two amazing waterfalls, Nevada and Vernal Falls. It was great on the way down...we would just stop and dip our feet (or head) in the water to cool off :)


WE MADE IT TO THE TOP!!! These are our hiking buddies that we met along the way: Ed, Art and Trever (Gary made it up a bit later). Trever ended up being my hiking partner most of the way down.



Most people pump the water into bottles first...



Oh, and all the bears are not this friendly. We had to put all of our food in the bear box...which makes it a little difficult to get to your food, especially when you're hungry!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

It looks so pretty at yosemite. Wish I could go, looks like so much fun.

LizzyHouse said...

I found your blog!

Britters said...

this place is AMAZING! i've only been once, but i swear whenever i see pics, I want to go back SO BAD!! How are you? how's teaching going? i know you called last week or so, but i was in Boise...i swear, our timing is bad! Anyway, I hope you're doin' well! After October 11, my schedule will be more relaxed...(well, kinda)...and we should definitely get together! take care mamacita!